On the cover of her latest book, Dr. Blossom Kochhar
With the pollution virtually being in every corner of our lives, literally, and perhaps even mentally, it gives quiet the relief to find sometime for healing, and bringing fragrances into our lives. From the the consumption of dust, pollution, and negative energy, to their anti-thesis of Aromatherapy, which restores and enhances, the human body and the energies around it, seemed a rather likely alternative we all needed. Who better to herald this discussion than Dr. Blossam Kochhar, whose range of products sold under the lady's brand name, especially the essential oils, remain a 'swear-by' aspect for faithful of the fragrant science. At Crossword Studio in Delhi's Connaught Place, a book reading session of the title, 'Aroma Therapy- A Way of Life' was organized, where Dr. Kochhar was the prime attraction, and journalist Vinita Dawra Nangia played the host.
Dr. Blossom Kochhar and Vinita Dawra Nangia presiding over the session
From a whole plethora of ailments; pain and exhaustion, depression, insomnia, essential oils are known to provide a solution for virtually everything, as also mentioned in the 'Connect' newsletter, published by the Blossom Kochhar group of companies. Depending upon the ailment, and the properties of each essential oil, there can also be specific blends created in order to tackle for complicated cases. While skeptics may always debate about whether the treatment works, but like most nature based therapies, it would be safe to conclude that, it needs the perfect blend, and the right method to do so. That is what the highlight of the book reading session was; more than just about being aromatherapy, it is about what to do and how to do things, when it comes to improving one's life quality and well-being using the therapeutic method.
Dr. Kochhar explaining the finer points of the products and the science behind aromatherapy
One of the main points in the Blossom Kochhar range of products, as claimed, and also a requisite for an effective aromatherapy usage, is making the essential oils free from parabens, phthalates, sulphates, petrochemicals, and anything artificial. The goodness is always stored in the natural essential oils, which is supposed to be cold pressed, or made via the steaming method to get the maximum output, and the best natural goodness, which is what Dr. Kochhar pointed out.
Aromatherapy- A Way Of Life
5 interesting facts about essential oils:
- Essential oils are actually not oils. They do not have the fatty acids, which constitute the oil. Rather, they are plant extract concentrates, which have very potent medicinal and therapeutic value.
- Almost all essential oils, have a lot of anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and even anti-viral properties. They can thus be excellent addition to the homemade cleaning preparations. For this, lemon, eucalyptus, grapefruit, tea tree peppermint, rosemary and lavender are the best options.
- Essential oils are known to have a smaller molecular size, which makes them ideal to be absorbed into the skin, rather quickly. Also, they do not remain in the body for long, and pass through after working it's therapeutic properties. These make it ideal as an organic solution for nourishment and healing purposes.
- Essential oils are not meant to be used on the skin undiluted. Instead most of them ought to be combined with carrier oils, in order to avoid any undesirable reaction with the skin.
- In order to test the sensitivity to an essential oil, one ought to take 1/2 teaspoon of carrier oil, with a drop of the essential oil, and rub the mixture into the skin of the inner part of the upper arm. If in a few hours, there are no redness, itching or any adverse reactions, the essential oil can be considered safe for use, but sparingly.